Arrested For Steroids?
We handle all types of steroid criminal defense issues and cases all across the country in both state and federal court, including manufacturing steroids, distribution of steroids and purchase/possession of anabolic steroids, as well as human growth hormone (HGH) and other Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED’s).
About Our Steroid Defense Attorneys
J. Clark Baird is a federal criminal defense lawyer who focuses on steroid defense cases ranging from minor possession to large-scale steroid distribution rings. His experience includes federal drug cases of all types from steroids to meth to cocaine but he spends a lot of time practicing with cases dealing in the realm of performance enhancing substances and anabolic steroids.
Steroid distribution cases raise unique questions, issues, laws, and approaches that other types of drug cases do not raise. J. Clark Baird is a federal criminal defense lawyer that has a distinct knowledge of those unique features and it is what separates him from other criminal defense attorneys that handle steroid cases as if they were normal drug cases. Not every criminal defense lawyer can offer the experience and knowledge to defend you in a steroid-related cases like J. Clark Baird can.
Steroid Possession vs Steroid Trafficking
The main difference from being charged with anabolic steroid possession versus being charged with possession of anabolic steroids with intent to distribute steroids (or trafficking) can be the difference from getting probation compared to many years in jail or prison. With general street drugs like cocaine and weed, it is easy to determine the use for personal versus selling based upon the weight amount, but steroid users vary in the amount of steroids they take and therefore based upon their own personal usage amounts, many steroid users get charged with trafficking rather than simple possession.
Steroid possession of what seems like large quantity of anabolic steroid allows the state and federal prosecutors to determine that you were engaging in selling steroids as well when the reality it may have been just personal use. This is a mistake that can be pointed out by a criminal defense attorney experienced in steroid cases.
Federal Sentencing For Steroid Distribution Charges
Many criminal defense lawyers believe that, under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines for steroid cases, there is not much room for the defense lawyer to advocate for his client. These ineffective steroid defense lawyers approach sentencing in federal court, not as an opportunity to affect the outcome in a positive way for his client; but, rather, as an exercise in arithmetic. Their approach goes no further than to explain the sentencing guideline calculation to the client. Nothing could be less helpful to the defendant in a steroid selling case.
What Federal Penalties Will I Face In A Steroid Distribution Case?
The below are the federal penalties for steroid distribution and possession:
- Simple possession of steroids with no prior offenses
- Up to a year in federal prison; and/or
- Minimum fine of $1,000.
- Simple possession of steroids with certain prior convictions
- Minimum 15 days in prison, and up to two years in prison; and/or
- Minimum fine of $2,000.
- Possession with intent to sell
- Up to five years in prison; and/or
- Minimum fine of $5,000.
What State Penalties Will I Face For Steroid Distribution?
- Steroid possession can be defined as either a misdemeanor or felony, and state felony sentences vary considerably from state to state. A fine will usually be assessed in states that list steroids as a misdemeanor as well as potential jail time.
- Trafficking in steroids is a felony in every state with the potential prison sentence varying from state to state.
Federal Human Growth Hormone Charges
- Federal law legislated Human Growth Hormone into the Steroid Trafficking Act of 1990, and HGH is not considered a controlled substance at the federal level. However, federal law in the United States has criminalized the trafficking of HGH without valid prescriptions or licenses. Violations of this law include imprisonment up to 5 years, and 10 years if HGH is sold to an individual under 18 years old
If you have been arrested for steroid possession or intent to sell steroids it is very important that you contact a criminal defense lawyer in regards to your charges. These are very serious charges and we know how to handle steroid cases.
DO NOT SPEAK TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENTS WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY. CONTACT STEROID LAWYER J. CLARK BAIRD IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL ISSUE OR NEED CRIMINAL DEFENSE REPRESENTATION. (502) 583-3388 [email protected] or REACH US 24/7 at (502) 797-4625!! PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS TODAY!